Unless you have a different license agreement signed by Applian Technologies Inc. your use of this software indicates your acceptance of this license agreement and warranty.
You are entitled to unlimited, free use of the unregistered version of this software.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of California.
Disclaimer of Warranty
THIS SOFTWARE AND THE ACCOMPANYING FILES ARE SOLD "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES AS TO PERFORMANCE OF MERCHANTABILITY OR ANY OTHER WARRANTIES WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. Because of the various hardware and software environments into which the Software may be put, NO WARRANTY OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS OFFERED.
Good data processing procedure dictates that any program be thoroughly tested with non-critical data before relying on it. The user must assume the entire risk of using the program. ANY LIABILITY OF THE SELLER WILL BE LIMITED EXCLUSIVELY TO PRODUCT REPLACEMENT.
Information We Collect and Why
Applian Technologies is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We will not sell, share, or rent this information to anyone.
Notification of Changes
This website takes every precaution to protect our customers’ information. When customers submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and off-line.
Freecorder Deal Finder and Search Helper
Freecorder includes the Freecorder Deal Finder, which is brought to you by Superfish, and uses visual search technology to let you instantly compare prices or find similar items on almost any product sold online. Just click on the "See Similar" button to open this window and find deals. We also identify products you may be interested in and automatically display relevant offers. You can disable the Freecorder Deal Finder by registering Freecorder via the Freecorder Help button.
Freecorder Search Helper may also insert uncensored ads from outside the Google Network in search results. Whenever possible, our ads are clearly marked, and you can remove them by registering Freecorder via the Freecorder Help button in the browser toolbar. These ads are not associated with any underlying website. This capability is covered in the Admedia Terms of Service separately.
Your Use of the Services
The Services are offered for your personal use only and may not be used for commercial purposes unless specifically endorsed or authorized by the Company. The Company reserves the right to remove commercial content in its sole discretion. You understand that you are responsible for all content that you post, upload, transmit, email or otherwise make available on, through or in connection with the Services (collectively, "User Content"). Accordingly, please choose carefully the information that you post on, through or in connection with the Services. You understand that the Company does not control the User Content and the Company assumes no responsibility or liability for objectionable User Content. If you become aware of misuse of the Services, please report this immediately to the Company. The Company assumes no responsibility for monitoring the Services for inappropriate User Content or conduct. If at any time, the Company chooses in its sole discretion to monitor the Services, the Company nonetheless assumes no responsibility for User Content other than Company Content, and assumes no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate User Content, or responsibility for the conduct of any user.
You agree not to use the Services to:
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit or link to content that is: unlawful; threatening; harmful; abusive; pornographic or includes nudity; offensive; harassing; excessively violent; tortious; defamatory; invasive of another’s privacy, publicity, copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, contract or other rights; false or misleading; obscene; vulgar; libelous; hateful; or discriminatory;
- Violate the rights of others including patent, trademark, trademark, trade secret, copyright, privacy, publicity or other proprietary rights;
- Harass or harm another person;
- Exploit or endanger a minor;
- Impersonate or attempt to impersonate any person or entity;
- Introduce or engage in activity that involves the use of viruses, bots, worms, or any other computer code, files or programs that interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment, or otherwise permit the unauthorized use of or access to a computer or a computer network;
- Interfere with, damage, disable, disrupt, impair, create an undue burden on, or gain unauthorized access to the Services, including the App and the Company's servers, networks or accounts;
- Cover, remove, disable, block or obscure advertisements or other portions of the Services;
- Use technology or any automated system such as scripts or bots in order to collect usernames, passwords, email addresses or other data from the Services, or to circumvent or modify any security technology or software that is part of the Services;
- Solicit, collect or request any personal information for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Post, upload or otherwise transmit an image or video of another person without that person's consent;
- Engage in commercial activity (including but not limited to sales, contests, or sweepstakes) without the Company's prior written consent;
- Use the Services to advertise or promote competing services;
- Use the Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all Applicable Law;
- Attempt, facilitate or encourage others to do any of the foregoing.
The Company reserves the right, but disclaims any obligation or responsibility, to remove User Content that violates this Agreement, as determined by the Company in its sole discretion. You acknowledge the Company reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in the Company's sole discretion, violates this Agreement, including but not limited to, terminating their user account and/or reporting such User Content, conduct, or activity to law enforcement authorities.
Copyrights and Other Intellectual Property
The Company respects the intellectual property of others, and requires that our users do the same. You may not upload, embed, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that infringes any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights of any person or entity. The Company has a policy of terminating repeat infringers' access to the Services in appropriate circumstances.
Third Party Links and Services
Freecorder can be uninstalled from the Control Panel, Add/Remove Programs capability in Windows. You may need to uninstall the Freecorder Applications and Freecorder Toolbar separately to remove Freecorder in its entirety.
Open Source Software
The LICENSEE acknowledges that OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE has been selected by APPLIAN for inclusion in the SOFTWARE, and that OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is not owned by APPLIAN, and that OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is distributed by APPLIAN to the LICENSEE for the LICENSEE’s use under the terms of certain open source license agreements, copies of which are included within the SOFTWARE’s distribution package and software about pages. The LICENSEE acknowledges that OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE is third-party software that has not been manufactured, tested or otherwise approved by APPLIAN and that nothing in this EULA shall obligate APPLIAN to provide any support for the OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE.
If you have questions about our usage of your personal information, please contact us.
Applian Technologies Inc.
20 Vineyard Avenue
San Anselmo, CA 94960